What’s new in Windows Communication Foundation 4.507 Dec 2016
Windows Communication Foundation (WCF), the Microsoft framework for message exchange between systems, has come a long way since when it was called Indigo, about ten years ago.
In the last versions, all the efforts have gone in the direction to optimize and simplify development:
- Simplified Generated Configuration Files
- Contract-First Development
- Add Service Reference From a Portable Subset Project
- ASP.NET Compatibility Mode Default Changed
- Streaming Improvements
- New Transport Default Values
- WCF Configuration Validation
- XML Editor Tooltips
- BasicHttpBinding Improvements
In the next posts we’ll see some of the improvements and the impact in the everyday development.